Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Garden on the Nile

My friend and fellow fragrance lover suggested I try 'Jardin sur le Nil' by Hermes. A mutual friend of ours had this on and it was 'heavenly'. I was hooked, I had to try it. Is this a keeper? I went online and checked out it on the Hermes website. In all honesty, the site is not the easiest to maneuver and I could locate it faster on amazon.com. It looked delicious, and now I had to find out what it smells like. I could not find it in the local Macys, or Herbergers but I did manage to get a sample. It is a beautiful fragrance. It starts with a hint of citrus, and then becomes floral. It emits the scents of a natural garden, a floral and lemony mix. I have never been on the banks of the Nile, but I feel like I am in a garden by that river when I am wearing this. It's almost like being in a summer dress with the sun shining on me, and the breeze gently brushing my cheeks. If I were to smell the air at that moment, I imagine it would be as sweet as 'Jardin sur le Nil'.

This is a light fragrance, more suited for day wear than evening. It is a little too sweet to be worn to work, but is perfect for a day out. It is neither bold nor naughty, but very sprightly. It lasts well, and the scent maintains it's consistency.

The 'Jardin sur le Nil' is a part of the Jardin series by Hermes, and includes the smells of a garden on the roof (Jardin sur le Toit), the garden after the monsoon (Jardin après la mousson), the Meditteranean gardens (Jardin en Méditerranée). I can't wait to test these.At around 90 $ for 1.6 fl.oz, it is pricey but not outrageously expensive. The only complaint I have is it is not as easy to find in a store as a Chanel, Estee Lauder or DKNY.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully reviewed! I love this scent. Although I agree it is day wear, I would wear it at night too since I don't like strong perfumes. Hope to pick it up one of these days, although the cost is pprobitive, for me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empress Zoë, in the Christian stronghold of Constantinople, had employed court perfumers. From there the practice spread, with Normans strewing flowers and rushes onto the floors of castles and churches to keep the air fragrant and acceptable. Parfum L'Occitane


    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! appliance repair

    ReplyDelete